The place was clean, quiet and safe. My unit was renovated before I moved in, and the appliances were new. The super was great about fixing things (repainting, re-caulking, toilet repair) quickly and properly.
(1) Anything building-wide — outside the control of the super — took far too long to fix:
• A hallway and stairwell renovation sat 80% complete for 8 months.
• The garbage bin enclosure was built too small, and left half finished for over a year. They still hadn't fixed it when I left.
• The intercom system broke half a dozen times; sometimes it was unavailable for 2-3 months.
(2) Intermittent / recurring problems with bugs (bed bugs and roaches). Only a few bugs, but still annoying. The problem would get fixed each time … but it would take two or three visits, because the exterminators never quite got all of them. A few tenants wouldn't let exterminators in their units, and the landlords couldn't get that sorted out.